Forum

Author Topic: Orthorectify unaligned images with imported DEM  (Read 1503 times)

wja

• View Profile
Orthorectify unaligned images with imported DEM
« on: November 11, 2019, 02:30:32 PM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to orthorectify photographs which may not be align-able (e.g over water or no overlap) using an imported DEM?

The images in question would have their locations and attitude (i.e. pitch, roll, heading), however, I cannot seem to get Metashape to allow me to 'Build Orthomosaic' purely with camera locations and an imported DEM of the area.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm not concerned about getting high accuracy, I essentially just want to georeference some photos taken over water which cannot be aligned.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Orthorectify unaligned images with imported DEM
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 03:31:40 PM »
Hello wja,

If you know precise exterior and interior orientation parameters for the cameras, you can either use Import Cameras option (if the information is stored in the supported format) and then skip Build Points operation. Or use Python scripting to import EO/IO data from custom format.

After that you can import DEM and generate the orthomosaic without a need to perform image matching or any other processing operations.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC