Forum

Author Topic: Desert Area  (Read 2577 times)

ahmed KIMOO

• View Profile
Desert Area
« on: November 12, 2019, 03:32:24 AM »
hello,
i work on a desert area and i have 600 images, the accuracy is very bad. any one have a method for this case?
thanks,

bgroff

• View Profile
    • Groff Engineering
Re: desert area
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »
Use lots of ground control (i.e. GCP). I use Blue-Max fabric targets staked with landscape pins. My last desert site was about 600 acres and I used about 22  targets surveyed with differential GNSS.

ahmed KIMOO

• View Profile
Desert Area
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 04:58:20 PM »
Hello,
I have images of a desert area and have very difficult to treat with them, what is the suitable technique in this case?
thanks,

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Re: Desert Area
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 04:32:05 AM »
Hi KIMOO,

Can you tell us what are you doing and where is the desert you are working on ?

Maybe you can screenshot the picture of your area ?

SAV

• View Profile
Re: Desert Area
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 02:49:45 PM »
Hi ahmed,

For flat areas a strong imaging geometry is recommended (besides good reference information).

Therefore you should acquire images with a slightly inclined camera instead of nadir ( =pointing straight down). Additionally, add perpendicular tie lines to your survey so that you fly a 'cross hatch' pattern. This will help to improve the error.

And make sure to have sharp and high quality imagery. Motion blur caused by a too high horizontal flight speed will overall increase the error of your 3D reconstruction.

And last but not least, don't forget to run OPTIMISE in Metashape to minimize the reprojection error and improve accuracy. 

All the best.

Regards,
SAV