Forum

Author Topic: Import marker coordinates for coded reference markers  (Read 4293 times)

Eichhorn18

• View Profile
Import marker coordinates for coded reference markers
« on: November 22, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to find out how I can assign local coordinates which are known (measured manually) to a set of coded 12-bit circular markers that metashape generates. My workflow is this:

1. Generate 12-bit coded circular markers in Metashape.
2. Print the markers, and attach to close-range photogrammetry model.
3. Measure the location of the coded-markers in the physical model.
4. Photograph model.
5. Align images.
6. Detect coded-markers.
7. Import marker locations (X, Y, Z). These were entered manually into Metashape in a previous model, however the coordinates remain the same and so to avoid re-typing them into the coded-markers, I import these from an XML markers file.

The issue is that when I import the markers, then appear as seperate markers from the identified coded targets. My question is how can I detect the coded markers (numbering 1 to 30), and then import the coordinates and assign them to those coded targets without the need to type in the coordinates?

Thanks,

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Import marker coordinates for coded reference markers
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 02:04:11 PM »
Hello Eichhorn18,

I think you should export the measured (source) values for the markers to CSV file from the old project and then load them to the new project via Reference pane -> Import CSV command.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Eichhorn18

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 12:43:40 PM »
Hello Eichhorn18,

I think you should export the measured (source) values for the markers to CSV file from the old project and then load them to the new project via Reference pane -> Import CSV command.

Will that allow me to automatically place the markers from the CSV onto the 12-bit coded targets?

Eichhorn18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 12:08:31 PM »
Hello Eichhorn18,

Alexey---this has worked. Thank you. can you please let me know why you recommend importing the estimated reference marker values rather than the true known values?

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »
Hello Eichhorn18,

I actually meant source values, i.e. measured with some GPS/topographic equipment, and not estimated by Metashape.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC