Forum

Author Topic: Network processing question re shared STORAGE and SERVER on same machine  (Read 2282 times)

andyroo

• View Profile
I'm building out a 10G network to start network processing with our several (Windows x64) metashape machines, and wondering if there's any disadvantage to having the SERVER node be a computer that hosts the shared STORAGE for network processing.

I noticed that in the "How to configure network processing" guidance, Agisoft says that the SERVER doesn't need to be a powerful machine and the shared STORAGE should be accessible to all machines.

I was going to add a SSD NAS to the network for the shared storage, but then I realized I could just put a SSD RAID card in my SERVER computer and save a switch port (maybe for another worker node :-) as long as the SSD-network file xfer bandwidth wouldn't interfere with the server commands.

Any thoughts on if there are disadvantages to this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Network processing question re shared STORAGE and SERVER on same machine
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 09:54:15 PM »
Hello andyroo,

There should not be issues related to the processing, if you use the same machine for network processing server and storage. The server could be only affected if there's high CPU activity related to other processes running in the background.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC