Forum

Author Topic: Metadata description  (Read 3674 times)

working_guy

• View Profile
Metadata description
« on: November 28, 2019, 02:14:04 PM »
Hello

How it's possible to insert description of work (company name, worker, local, etc) in the file exported? Files like dense cloud and Orthomosaic?

I See I only can add 1 comment when exporting by Batch Process, but we need more fields...

Thanks

Best Regards
HRS

working_guy

• View Profile
Re: Metadata description
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 05:02:28 PM »
Nothing? :-\ :-[

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »
Maybe no one doesn't understand what you are trying to do..

Maybe may I suggest you to screen shot it and let everyone see it what you are trying to do... That might help others ??

Take care,

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 04:00:52 PM »
Hello working_guy,

Currently there are no additional tools in Metashape for additional meta-data editing to the exported results.

You might need external tools to include additional meta-information tags to the exported dense clouds and orthomosaics (providing that the selected formats support that).
If you know which tags/fields should be modified and in which formats, please let us know, so that we could check the possibility of extending the comments/description data writer in the future updates.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »
Even without considering exports I think it would be very useful to be able to store arbitrary metadata as key value pairs within the project file.

Tags like Author and Description could certainly be useful at export time, but I've also wanted to use various pieces of metadata about a project to control how it's processed by automated scripts.  Right now we store that metadata separately as a sidecar file, but it would be very convenient to have it directly accessible within the software.
Jed

working_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 05:05:28 PM »
Hello working_guy,

Currently there are no additional tools in Metashape for additional meta-data editing to the exported results.

You might need external tools to include additional meta-information tags to the exported dense clouds and orthomosaics (providing that the selected formats support that).
If you know which tags/fields should be modified and in which formats, please let us know, so that we could check the possibility of extending the comments/description data writer in the future updates.

Hi thanks Alexev.

I think the basic like, author, company name, e-mail contact, local of the work, client name, basic information about the work.

Thanks again

Even without considering exports I think it would be very useful to be able to store arbitrary metadata as key value pairs within the project file.

Tags like Author and Description could certainly be useful at export time, but I've also wanted to use various pieces of metadata about a project to control how it's processed by automated scripts.  Right now we store that metadata separately as a sidecar file, but it would be very convenient to have it directly accessible within the software.

This