Forum

Author Topic: Photo blending creates strange artifacts  (Read 1871 times)

MikeZ

• View Profile
Photo blending creates strange artifacts
« on: November 28, 2019, 11:40:06 PM »
Station stitching works like a charm in metashape. Everything would be perfect but... texture blending produces strange artifacts. It happens to contrasted and hard edges parts of panorama. The easier place to see it is at the top of the buildings. Unfortunately, it makes panoramas completely unusable. Is it a Metashape problem or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I use tiff format, no lossy compression. When I try to mask out the sky and then export panorama, it tends to give a horrible effect of strange dark blurs.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Photo blending creates strange artifacts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 06:40:29 PM »
Hello MikeZ,

Is it possible to share with support@agisoft.com the minimal set of images and related PSZ project file with the alignment that we can use to reproduce the problem?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MikeZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 09:36:31 PM »
Sure :)

I think is also exporter related issue because when I'm exporting only one photo from panorama it is visible too.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 10:09:31 PM »
Hello MireZ,

Thank you for sharing the project data. We were able to reproduce the problem and will try to fix the panorama stitching and export. When I have any information regarding the timeframe for the fix implementation I will let you now.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MikeZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »
It would be awesome as Metashape is 360 stitching beast and with properly working exporter and two or three simple features it will be one of the best if not the best 360 software on the market.