Forum

Author Topic: What's my licence type?  (Read 1260 times)

MoWo

• View Profile
What's my licence type?
« on: January 30, 2023, 06:41:18 PM »
Hello all,

quick question - How can I tell if my present Metashape Professional is using a node locked license or a floating license?
I don't know what our IT department was buying at the time and I won't get an answer anytime soon

In the GUI I only have the option to disable - Is there any way I can tell from the metashape.lic?

I would like to run a script that uses Metashape's Python Api on my Metashape system from another host (I have an automation process running here), but when I run it I always get the message

No license found.
Details: Wrong host for licence (-4).

I have read in the documentation that it is not recommended to check in and check out the license automatically with a node-locked license....

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: What's my licence type?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 03:45:53 PM »
Hello MoWo,

If in Activate Product dialog you have only an option to deactivate the license - then you have a node-locked license activated. In case of floating license - the text will say exactly that Metashape is using a floating license and if you are connected to the license server you will have a possibility to Borrow the license or Return it, if the license has been borrowed before.

So in order to transfer the license to another machine you need to deactivate it on the current computer first and then re-use your license key for activation on the second machine.
Unless you are performing multiple activation/deactivation operations per minute, you are fine. Otherwise the activation server may consider such activity as a suspicious and could temporary block incoming IP address.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MoWo

• View Profile
Re: What's my licence type?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 09:58:15 AM »
Hello Alexey,

thank you very much for your answer! Then I just need to find out our license key from our IT..  ;D
In fact, the workflow is triggered at most 1, 2 times a week - Here we should be on the safe side even with the node-locked license.

So I can continue to work without nasty workarounds.

Kind regards and thanks again.