Forum

Author Topic: How to stop viewport camera resetting when realigning camera(s) or saving file  (Read 4667 times)

cbnewham

• View Profile
Hi,

Is there any way to stop the viewport camera from being reset when doing a realignment?

I align the cameras, get the tie points of the sparse cloud and then find I have mis-aligned cameras. I filter on those cameras and then reset their alignments (sometimes I do this one at a time so as not to replicate the incorrect alignments). Unfortunately every time I then select a camera or cameras and align them the view jumps back to a pre-determined view. This is really annoying! I can't see if the points being added to the sparse cloud are being added back in the correct locations because the section they are part of may be off screen in the view.

This also happens sometimes when saving the file - equally annoying.

Is this possible Alexey?  I don't see why not as the bounding box isn't changing from the original alignment of all the cameras.

cbnewham

• View Profile
I am surprised it has been around for some time and has not been addressed - and that it is a "feature request"!

This is a bug, not a feature request.

::)

bestable

• View Profile
+1

cbnewham

• View Profile
This has to be the worst aspect of MetaShape!  It's driving me crazy.

Can't believe it's a "feature request". It's a bug (which is where I raised it initially - under General - until it was moved to this forum section), not a feature.

Come on AgiSoft. Please fix this! It can't be very hard to do seeing as you don't move the virtual camera during a "reset camera alignment" and you seem to know where the default virtual camera is that it keeps resetting to after an alignment.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello cbnewham,

Can you please check the behavior in the latest 1.6.0 pre-release version (updated yesterday)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

cbnewham

• View Profile
Thanks so much Alexey!  The new version now keeps the camera where it is - and I'm no longer losing my mind.  :)

I notice it still resets after a save to file, but that's not a big problem and I'm more than happy that it no longer resets when re-aligning.