Forum

Author Topic: License problems in Mac OS High Sierra  (Read 4207 times)

RHenriques

• View Profile
License problems in Mac OS High Sierra
« on: September 26, 2017, 12:43:21 AM »
In both PS 1.3.4 and PS 1.4 (beta), the legit license fails to register in Mac OS High Sierra, saying that license is already in use.
Even using the terminal, the following text appears:

"Error requesting activation
The activation key you supplied has already been used to activate a license.
Please check the key and ensure that you have entered it correctly.
Details: Activation key already used (-1005)"

Ideas?

Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: License problems in Mac OS High Sierra
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:12:01 AM »
Hello RHenriques,

Node-locked license allows only single activation at a time, so if you need to transfer the license to another computer, it's necessary to deactivate the license on the old computer first.
Also it's recommended to deactivate the license before re-installing the OS or replacing the hardware.

If you have issues with the license activation, please contact support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
Hi Alexey

Thank you so much for the reply. It was a simple OS upgrade. As you might imagine, it's not easy to remember this things when we do this "rather automatic" procedure. Mac OS High Sierra changes some things at core level and even changes disk format in SSD computers, so people must be warned to avoid this distraction.
I've already contacted your support services to try to fix this.
Cheers

PS: Agisoft support team already solved my situation in record time! Thank you so much.
There should be an easier way to revoke and reuse a license for these situations. Maybe by using an online service linked by a login, without the need of the application itself. If we get distracted, which is normal if we have lots of licenses, it’s a problem. Changing machine is one thing but I guess that no one remembers these things with an OS upgrade, even a major one. 
The PC virtualization solution for MAC called Parallels, for instance, uses this kind of service and it works well.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:35:28 PM by RHenriques »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 06:13:05 PM »
There are some Mac OS X activation-related modifications expected in 1.6.0. I've made a brief summary in the pre-release thread for those who are interested in testing:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=11331.msg52169#msg52169
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC