Forum

Author Topic: Phantom 4 RTK Lens parameters  (Read 8571 times)

bauer

• View Profile
Phantom 4 RTK Lens parameters
« on: December 20, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »
Hello everyone,
I was wondering whereas I didn't find any clear anwser (might be so obvious for everyone but me?!?) about the following:
what will be the best practice regarding photo parameter using P4 RTK in order to achieve photogrammetry?
i.e. using dewarp ON within GS Pro or DJI Pilot or using dewarp OFF ?
In my opinion and regarding Agisoft (that i use) recommandation the photo should be as "natural" as possible ("Metashape operates with the original images. So do not crop or geometrically transform, i.e. resize or rotate, the images").
Does anyone conduct photogrammetry process comparaison over 2 sets of data with those 2 parameters?

However if the answer is to use dewarp as OFF:
Should I assume that built in configuration of the lens found within XMP metadata are just craps regarding to the following post ?:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=187711&pid=1854372  and
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=187711&pid=1856781

Or anyone as other results ?

RoryG

• View Profile
Re: Phantom 4 RTK Lens parameters
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »
Dewarp should definitely be off for photogrammetry. As for the camera calibration, I have tried creating a calibration file from a site with known GCPs but get better results letting Metashape do the calibration / optimisations.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Phantom 4 RTK Lens parameters
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 03:40:59 PM »
Just for case, version 1.6.2 of Metashape allows to load the embed dewrap parameters from XMP to the Camera Calibration dialog, providing that "Load Calibration from XMP meta data" option in enabled in the Advanced preferences tab.

But usually the default values and autocalibration adjusted is preferred.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC