Forum

Author Topic: Can't build texture in MS Pro 1.6  (Read 4067 times)

James

• View Profile
Can't build texture in MS Pro 1.6
« on: January 10, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »
I built a mesh of statue and built texture using 4x 4096 textures, generic uv and mosaic blending, then exported the mesh and tidied up the geometry slightly in another software (Cyclone 3DR).

I reimported the mesh and was unable to build texture for it (it sticks at parameterizing atlas 10%)

I then tried it on the original mesh, and it also stuck at 10%.

I removed all textures from the chunk, and depth maps and still it sticks.

I've uploaded the psz file here for you to look at.

https://we.tl/t-mr36vvZxO7

It contains the original Metashape mesh and my slightly tidied version. It is the uv parameterization of both that it seems to have a problem with.

Code: [Select]
Parameterizing texture atlas...
Model size: 318676 faces, 166223 vertices
Performing initial subdivision...   
Division threshold 100000
chart  0 faces: 90155
chart  1 faces: 47480
chart  2 faces: 39135
chart  3 faces: 35740
chart  4 faces: 29273
chart  5 faces: 26405
chart  6 faces: 17963
chart  7 faces: 16539
done. (in 0.64 sec). Got 574 initial parts.
top 8 mean: 37836.3 stddev: 22047.8
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Can't build texture in MS Pro 1.6
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 06:20:54 PM »
Hello James,

Which OS version you are using?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 06:29:33 PM »
Hi Alexey,

It's Windows 10 Pro

James

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 06:32:24 PM »
Possibly related,

In the psz i uploaded, if you make the 'improved' mesh the default and try tools -> mesh -> close holes, it finds a lot of them!

If you then cancel the operation without doing anything then a lot of faces end up missing!

I'm not sure that the mesh out of Cyclone 3DR is entirely well formed.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 06:35:59 PM »
Hello James,

I'll try to reproduce the issue. Meanwhile you can check if using Fix Topology option solves the problem, as there seem to be a lot of similar vertices and quite an unexpected number of isolated mesh components.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

James

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
The fix topology option seems to have removed a lot of faces leaving holes, the same as cancelling the close holes function, and still doesn't let me texture it.

However, i have managed to 'solve' it by taking the model into my old favourite 3DReshaper7.1 to merge duplicate edges etc and Metashape is now happy to parametrize and texture that.

Luckily am just playing with a trial of Cyclone 3DR so haven't wasted money yet!

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 06:59:32 PM »
Possibly related,

In the psz i uploaded, if you make the 'improved' mesh the default and try tools -> mesh -> close holes, it finds a lot of them!

If you then cancel the operation without doing anything then a lot of faces end up missing!

Yup this has been happening for a little while. wasted a few hours wondering why one of my mesh was totally messed up until I found out that the close holes feature was the cause of it.

Mak

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 07:25:00 PM »
The fix topology option seems to have removed a lot of faces leaving holes, the same as cancelling the close holes function, and still doesn't let me texture it.
Seems that the problem with the UV parametrization freezing is observed even without using Close Holes and Fix Topology operations.

(note that running Close holes operation will automatically execute Fix Topology operation, even if you exit the Close Holes dialog via Cancel button)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:12:34 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC