Forum

Author Topic: 1.6 on Linux - Python module fails to save a project containing an orthomosaic  (Read 2378 times)

dyoung

• View Profile
Hello -- if I load a pre-existing project (.psx) containing an orthomosaic using the Python API on Linux, then when I save the project under a new name using the API, I get an error.:

OSError: Can't create file: Is a directory (21): /my/path/my_project.files/0/0/orthomosaic/

This error only occurs when the project contains an orthomosaic. It works well otherwise.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello dyoung,

I'm not observing such issue with the latest 1.6.0 release version.

Can you please specify the build version that you are using, OS version number and saving command?

Please also specify, if re-saving the project under a different name via GUI works properly?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dyoung

• View Profile
Hi Alexey,

I have the 1.6 release version on Ubuntu 18.04, and the error actually occurs in the GUI and the Python API. Below is a small (2.7 GB) project that causes the problem for me.

https://ucdavis.box.com/s/hnf6a8wvrnn4b7432hcklq6m7yrld7tj
(Many other projects also cause this problem for me...any project that contains an orthomosaic).

Here is a simple script to reproduce the problem with the project provided above:

import Metashape
doc = Metashape.Document()
doc.open("20200102T2103_01c_ChipsA.psx")
doc.save("temp_new_project.psx")

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Derek,

Thank you for sharing the project.

It seems that the information in orthomosaic.zip/doc.xml file is corrupted. You should remove <mask>...</mask> section from the file, as it is not pointing to the file, but to the directory. The issue appears to be related to the stand-alone module usage only (during the project generation).

We'll try to fix it as soon as possible, meanwhile the only solution seems to be manual fixing of the doc.xml for the orthomosaic.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dyoung

• View Profile
OK. Thanks Alexey.