Forum

Author Topic: Remove duplicate camers  (Read 1337 times)

Mariusz_M

• View Profile
Remove duplicate camers
« on: January 06, 2020, 04:59:13 PM »
When working witch chunks and merging I often end up having duplicates of the same cameras. I would like to have a button to quickly ane easily remove duplicate cameras from the project.

So I think an option to find and compare duplicates is needed. It would display a list of photos that are used more than once within one project with their preview and info about:
1. Tie points (with preview)
2. Key points from this photo (with preview)
3. Location in 3d space with preview.

There are a few situations to consider before removing a duplicate:

1. When the duplicate camera has exactly the same key points/tie points - simple remove of the duplicate
2. When the duplicete camera has different key points/tie points  - option to choose which ones to keep or to merge key points/tie points
3. When the duplicate camera has different masks - option to choose or merge
4. When the duplicate camera is not exactly in the same place - option to chose which location to keep or to move remainging camera somewhere in between the  current duplicates are (based on some weight calculated using projection/reprojection errors) . After removing duplicates it would be recommended to run camera optimisation again.
5. Probably something else, but sorting out these 4 situations would be a good beginning.