Forum

Author Topic: Strict Volumetric Masks disabled in 1.6 release?  (Read 2406 times)

BinaryEclipse

• View Profile
Strict Volumetric Masks disabled in 1.6 release?
« on: January 10, 2020, 10:39:48 AM »
I've been using strict masks when generating mesh with depth maps since they were released. But the last 2 pre release builds of 1.6 and the 1.6 release have that setting greyed out. I've tried reinstalling and resetting all settings, but can't get it to enable again, and don't see anything in release notes. I'm using standard if that matters, is this a pro only feature now? It's not just one image set, it's every one since the last 3 builds.

Some other details:
Recently added a 5700 XT as main card.
Using 16 bit tiff.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 11:39:20 AM by BinaryEclipse »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Strict Volumetric Masks disabled in 1.6 release?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »
Hello BinaryEclipse,

In 1.6.0 strict volumetric masks are not yet supported to the new depth maps based meshing method, but we are planning to make it available in one of the upcoming 1.6.x updates.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

BinaryEclipse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 11:26:57 PM »
Thanks for the response Alexey. Are you sure they're not yet supported for depth maps or were they just temporarily disabled? I've definitely used them in previous builds with depth maps and they worked. At the moment it's greyed out for dense/sparse cloud generation also. I will mention that in the latest version I can now build with depth maps at a higher quality without as many errors/holes, maybe because of some changes there it was disabled?

EDIT, It's in the notes for Version 1.5.2 build 7838:  "Added Use strict volumetric masks option for depth map based mesh generation"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:15:19 AM by BinaryEclipse »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 08:41:00 PM »
Hello BinaryEclipse,

The depth maps based mesh reconstruction method has been revised, so it is different in the versions 1.5 and 1.6. The latest method (in 1.6) doesn't yet support Strict Volumetric masking.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

BinaryEclipse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 04:26:20 AM »
Ok, that makes sense. I'll save some models that need it for a later version then, thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 12:46:49 PM »
Hello BinaryEclipse,

Please check the 1.6.1 update. Strict volumetric masks should be supported there now for the depth maps based mesh generation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC