Forum

Author Topic: Alignment of chunks against known gcp coordinates  (Read 8912 times)

c.lopez

• View Profile
Alignment of chunks against known gcp coordinates
« on: May 30, 2011, 11:19:27 PM »
Hello!

Your software looks very promising. Great job!

On the pro version, i have been able to successfull align and merge multiple chunks. But once those chunks are aligned i try to select GCP's and insert real coordinates. This is done successfully but once i re-align (by name of the GCP) the real world coordinates are lost. I would expect all models to re-align against the real world GCPs.

So my question is: is there any way to align chunks, insert a GCP real world coordinates in one chunk and then re-align so all models end up in real world coordinates?

Thanks!

Monserrat

• View Profile
Re: Alignment of chunks against known gcp coordinates
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:58:01 AM »
What you want to do in photogrammetry is known as triangulation.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »
Hello c.lopez,

During chunk alignment any georeferencing information of individual chunks is lost.

To georeference a set of chunks you need to georeference each of them explicitly. Chunk alignment will not be required in this case, as all the chunks will be already aligned based on ground control data.

We will probably consider possible ways to improve this aspect of PhotoScan functionality.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

olihar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
I think this is a feature request right there, The Geo referenced flags get a priority on the simple named ones without any location data. So it is possible to merge large amount of chunks together without all of them having to have ground control points.

Could maybe make another align flag, 1 align one for ground control.

Monserrat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:17:54 PM »
Friend Oli

The problem is trying to use a simple georeferencing.  Without making a photogrammetric triangulation.  It's a shame.