Forum

Author Topic: What does "Disable camera" actually do?  (Read 3548 times)

klill

• View Profile
What does "Disable camera" actually do?
« on: February 14, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
Hi,
I'm quite new to the program. I am working on an aligned point cloud in Metashape, that contains a rock wall, ice and some vegetation. I am struggling to get a good point cloud, and I am working on refining it.

To my question: I am struggling to understand what the "Disable camera" function actually do. Does it just eliminate the entire photo in the processing? What is the difference between just deleting a photo, and disabling it? And how can a photo be disabled, but still aligned? 

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: What does "Disable camera" actually do?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »
Hello klill,

Disabled cameras are not used to depth maps reconstruction, mesh and tiled model generation, texture and orthomosaic generation.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

klill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 11:19:42 AM »
Thank you!
So then to remove photos that are aligned wrongly, have a large pixel error or few projections, is it correct to use "Reset camera alignment" or use the selection tools to remove points in the cloud?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
Hello klill,

For incorrectly aligned cameras it is recommended to reset their alignment (otherwise the tie points related to such cameras would be affected).

Removing the points from the sparse cloud wouldn't improve the results, but by selecting the wrongly located tie points and using Filter Cameras by Tie Points option you could find the problematic images faster.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC