Forum

Author Topic: Bad Texture after removing and regenerating texture  (Read 1433 times)

mrc

• View Profile
Bad Texture after removing and regenerating texture
« on: February 19, 2020, 03:05:35 PM »
I have a number of models decimated to different face counts. When I remove a texture from one of these models and recreate it, frequently the text appears badly calculated, as shown in the screenshot below. The object is a bone, you can see the correct texture colour in some spots. The white lines are the edges of the texture segments in the UV map and should not be visible either.

I am removing the UVs before regenerating the textures, although I have moved from 4 x 4096 tiles to 1 x 8192 tiles.

Using version 1.6.1

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Texture after removing and regenerating texture
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 03:10:25 PM »
Hello mrc,

What is the data format of the source images and whether you observe the similar problems if you run the processing on CPU only (disable GPU utilization in Preferences tab)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

mrc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 03:20:08 PM »
Thanks Alexey,

Source images are DNG, the first texture that gets created is perfect. It only seems to happen when I right click and "remove texture" from the model, and then generate it again.

Oddly, the GPU didn't seem to get utilised for the texture building, even though it is a GTX 1060 with driver version 432 (I am now updating it to version 442). I noticed high CPU usage, but no major GPU usage. I'll retry when this driver is updated.

mrc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 04:15:16 PM »
Updated drivers and regenerated the texture and it's fine now.

Not really sure what caused this at all, but happened to a number of different models. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 05:10:38 PM »
OK, if it happens again, please save the processing log and also try to rebuild the texture using CPU only.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC