Forum

Author Topic: Workflow Suggestion  (Read 2318 times)

holgar

• View Profile
Workflow Suggestion
« on: February 24, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »
Hello,
my current Workflow is:
1. Load Images
2. Align
3. Gradual Selection and Optimize Cameras
4. Denscloud
5. Mesh

This workflow allways require me to interact manually to make the gradual Selection and Optimize Camera. I would like to have this step in the Batchprocessing. So I could start a Job and the next day have a finished Mesh. This would save a lot of time as right now it takes me normally two days to get a finished mesh as in the morning I have to manually step in for the gradual Selection.

I Capture Reality for example you just set a reprojection Error threshold before you start. Than you just press run and the next day you have a finished Mesh.

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Workflow Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »
FYI unless your project requires a dense cloud for futur usage ( which doesn't seems to be the case for you) there's no need to generate one. Build your mesh using the depth maps as the source.

Mak

holgar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 12:33:22 PM »
FYI unless your project requires a dense cloud for futur usage ( which doesn't seems to be the case for you) there's no need to generate one. Build your mesh using the depth maps as the source.

Mak

Wait!! and this will produce the same Quallity than from Densecloud? This would be quite big news to me. I never thought of this. This will save some time I guess.
But my main issue remains that the gradual selection needs manual interaction.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:39:38 PM by holgar »

holgar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 12:34:47 PM »

Mak

The only reason I use the densecloud from time to time is to filter Points by Color. But I could do that cleanup step also on the mesh in Zbrush later.

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 12:43:00 PM »

Mak

Wait!! and this will produce the same Quallity than from Densecloud? This would be quite big news to me. I never thought of this. This will save some time I guess.

As long as your photos are of great quality (& you have venough overlap). The depth maps workflow will result in similar/higher quality meshes than the old Dense Cloud workflow while alsi requiring less resources & being a lot faster.

Mak
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:48:56 PM by Mak11 »

holgar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 01:03:40 PM »

As long as your photos are of great quality (& you have venough overlap). The depth maps workflow will result in similar/higher quality meshes than the old Dense Cloud workflow while alsi requiring less resources & being a lot faster.

Mak
Hi Mak, this is great news to me after all this time generating dense Clouds....thanks!