Forum

Author Topic: How to force image alignment?  (Read 2144 times)

WSurvey

• View Profile
How to force image alignment?
« on: May 16, 2020, 10:40:13 AM »
Hello,

I have some images taken from an imaging total station. The exif data contains no position information, but I know the camera coordinates and image angles perfectly. Can I enforce these values on Metashape and make the project proceed as if the images are aligned using the values I give it? I tried importing the image reference data from CSV but Metashape doesn't want any of it, and displays no coordinates for my cameras.

In short I need to impose my own 'align camera' result on Metashape in order to proceed any further.

I know each image's: roll, pitch, yaw, projection centre XYZ. When I try 'Import Cameras' function it doesn't look like I have a simple option to import X Y Z R P Y for each camera in a CSV format. It's just manufacturer specific file types. I'd like to use s simple CSV if I could.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:12:34 PM by WSurvey »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: How to force image alignment?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 04:11:42 PM »
Hello WSurvey,

Import Cameras option is designed to import precisely known exterior and interior information data.

To load the data that you have mentioned, you should use Import CSV button on the Reference pane toolbar.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

WSurvey

• View Profile
Re: How to force image alignment?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 05:41:25 PM »
Hello WSurvey,

Import Cameras option is designed to import precisely known exterior and interior information data.

To load the data that you have mentioned, you should use Import CSV button on the Reference pane toolbar.

Thanks Alexey,

In my estimation of angular values, would I be right in using bearing/azimuth as yaw, pitch as angle upwards from straight down, and roll as 0 in my case as the total station camera is always level?