Forum

Author Topic: Create normal- and occlusion maps during batch processing?  (Read 1714 times)

struffel

• View Profile
Create normal- and occlusion maps during batch processing?
« on: December 18, 2022, 01:29:20 PM »
Hello,

I love that I can create different LOD versions with baked normal- and occlusion maps of a scan right in metashape, but it would be even better if I could do this in a batch processing workflow.
At the moment it's only possible to generate the diffuse map but not the other ones. This leads to an extremely annoying workflow where I have to start processing, wait 5 minutes, then start processing for the next texture, wait 5 minutes again and so on.

Adding batch functionality for this feature would be an absolute game-changer for me.  Are there any plans for an expansion in this direction?
I would actually pay extra for this (just not $3000+ dollars extra for the pro edition, that's too much for many features I don't need). My dream scenario would be a "Metashape Plus" version that sits between Standard and Professional and has mostly the features of the standard edition but allows for python scripting like the pro edition. I would happily pay $400-600 for such a version.