Forum

Author Topic: "Change Paths" in Photos pane doesn't work for multiple images.  (Read 2704 times)

yowich

• View Profile
I wanted to try to update the paths to photos in Photos pane but Metashape won't allow me to change paths for multiple photos at a time. I was able to change the path to a single photo every time I wanted to update it. That way, I will have to run "Change paths" 1045 times for 1045 photos of mine. I am running Metashape Professional 1.6.2 build 10247 (64-bit) on Windows 10. It also happened with the version 1.6.1. I saw somebody asked about this same issue which has not been answered so far. Please let me know how to deal with this matter as soon as possible. I really don't want to run this 1045-time iteration with my hand.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: "Change Paths" in Photos pane doesn't work for multiple images.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 01:39:46 PM »
Hello yowich,

Can you please confirm that you are selecting "apply to all" cameras option when using Change Path command? Also please confirm that the original file names are identical to the file names in the new location, including the extension. Change Path command is case sensitive, so ".jpg" is not the same as ".JPG", for example.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

yowich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 08:57:18 PM »
I applied it to All Cameras. The error came from a letter in a filename which had a different case as the original one. I wonder what the benefit of using the case-sensitive approach in naming files is while it creates unnecessary confusion. I have to upload all of my files to the server again just because of the filenames. Thank you very much anyway! It resolved my issue!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:59:34 PM by yowich »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:08 PM »
Hello yowich,

Some operation systems are case sensitive, so the files with the same names but with the different case letters may co-exist in the same directory.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

yowich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 11:47:15 PM »
That makes sense and I am understood.
But, Metashape shows the file with different cases when I try to locate a missing file using "Change Path" and that made me get confused.
For example, Metashape regards "2020AAA.jpg" and "2020aaa.jpg" as different files. But it shows me "2020AAA.jpg" even when I try to locate "2020aaa.jpg". That made me think that I found the right one, but actually I didn't. I believe that Metashape should not bring "2020AAA.jpg" when I am looking for "2020aaa.jpg" if it has to regard case-sensitivity in naming files. Does it make sense?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:54:08 PM by yowich »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 11:39:38 AM »
Hello yowich,

Windows is not case sensitive in a matter of file names.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC