Forum

Author Topic: some problems/questions  (Read 1981 times)

Reservoirdog

• View Profile
some problems/questions
« on: March 10, 2020, 06:01:31 PM »
Hello community!

I got a few problems/questions, I hope you can point me in the right direction...

I have flown a school area with the drone and did the whole reconstruction process with metashape,
so far so good.

Now the goal is, to visualize two variants of new chimneys in the model.
Those were modeled seperately and have also been textured seperately.

Question 1: Is it possible in Metashape to view more than one model at a time?
When I import another model, I can only switch to the chimney, but cannot view them together to check
if the imported model is at the right place/height.
I realized it is only possible to merge the models together, but then the textures of my chimney is destroyed.

Question 2: I want to visualize the results in Cesium using our company GIS software.
The Cesium implementation only works with tiled models (3D tiles). I tried to load my chimney model
and create a tiled model.... without success. Errormessage is: "Cannot calculate pixel size". Any hint on this?

smiller

• View Profile
Re: some problems/questions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 07:46:05 AM »
Question 1:

I too would love to view multiple models at the same time to make visual comparisons. I wonder if there will eventually be a linking feature so you can view models of the same object over different times to compare while rotating, etc. I usually make that chunk in a different document all together and have two Metashape windows open. It's a bit tedious but works for the most part. Would love to have these features though in the future!

Reservoirdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 10:15:19 AM »
for question 2 I think I got an answer here:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=10518.0

though I am not completely happy with it.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »
Hello Reservoirdog,

If the models are available in different chunks which are aligned with each other or referenced in the same coordinate system space, then you can use Show Aligned button in the Model view mode to display all the enabled aligned chunks in the Model view frame.

As for the second problem, can you please provide additional information regarding your workflow and desired output? Do you need to convert the mesh model to the tiled model, but do not have any related images for it?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC