Forum

Author Topic: Duplicated points in dense cloud  (Read 1664 times)

ebash

• View Profile
Duplicated points in dense cloud
« on: March 12, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »
I have been working on coding a 3D feature detection analysis for SfM point clouds and have come across the issue of having duplicated points. In some cases there are up to 6 points that have the same XYZ coordinates and RGB values in a single cloud. However, not all points have duplicates. The dense clouds I am working with were produced in Metashape 1.5 using stereo pairs (in some cases) and aerial surveys (in other cases). In all the dense clouds I have found instances of duplicates.

I haven't seen a post on a similar problem anywhere. I know that Agisoft won't release the algorithms, but I hope that some insight could be given as to how the dense reconstruction is done so I can understand how duplicates are being generated. The duplicates significantly slow analysis.

Thanks,
Eleanor

Dora

• View Profile
Re: Duplicated points in dense cloud
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 11:49:06 PM »
Been looking for an answer to this myself. Anyone?

D

James

• View Profile
Re: Duplicated points in dense cloud
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:30:18 PM »
Could it be that the data you are exporting just doesn't have enough precision to differentiate between very close points?

Assuming that you are exporting it to find the duplicates, maybe try increasing precision in the export options to increase the number of decimal points in the data.