Forum

Author Topic: Can't save project due to missing thumbnails.zip  (Read 3081 times)

eiscar

• View Profile
Can't save project due to missing thumbnails.zip
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
Hi all,

I have been working on a rather large project over the last week. I have been saving the project regularly without a problem. However, last night when I wanted to save I encountered the error message
Code: [Select]
Error: Can't open file: No such file or directory (2): [i]path/to/project/[/i]metashape/project.files/0/0/thumbnails/thumbnails.zip[/i]

I have checked the folder and it is empty indeed. I can only assume that something went wrong in Metashape and the file got deleted, because I did not access the folder at any point. At one point however I added the same images twice to the project, maybe that had something to do with it. I am using Metashape Professional, version 1.6.2 build 10247 on a machine with Ubuntu 18.04

I would really hate losing all the work that has gone into this project so far. Is there a way to force Metashape to regenerate the thumbnails file or just ignore the errror and save the project as is? Maybe an export/import trick to work around it? I only have aligned the images so far, no dense pointcloud or meshes are contained in the project.

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

Best,
Eduardo

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Can't save project due to missing thumbnails.zip
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »
Hello Eduardo,

You can try to use Remove Thumbnails option in the chunk's context menu and then re-save the project under different name. Or try to create new empty chunk, make it active and then get back to the original chunk, open Photos pane and see, if the thumbnails are re-generated.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

eiscar

• View Profile
Re: Can't save project due to missing thumbnails.zip
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 09:58:58 AM »
Removing the thumbnails from the chunk and then saving worked. Thanks a lot.

Best,
Eduardo