Forum

Author Topic: [Help!] Textures coming out really bad! Why? :(  (Read 6184 times)

3D_Scan_Fan

• View Profile
Re: [Help!] Textures coming out really bad! Why? :(
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 09:37:19 PM »
Hi Alexey,

It is a mesh built from the ground up but within version 1.1.4. (the same for Sparse and Dense cloud).

The same UV parametrization was applied from 3ds max (exact same procedure!).

I have opened the project into Metshape and re-built the texture on a separate chunk, and I do get the same result, no stripes.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 04:43:14 PM »
Hello 3D_Scan_Fan,

Negative texture coordinates are still present in the model that you have imported to 1.1 version of PhotoScan. But this time no values above 1. The difference seems to be related to the orientation of the model in the coordinate system space. In one case Y is pointing "up, in another - "down".

And I still see artifacts by the sides of the texture atlas, see below (but now they are not crossing the picture, seems to be related to the orientation of the model):
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

3D_Scan_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 12:43:32 AM »
Thanks for your response, all of which has been really helpful!

Before continuing, I've now encountered a new problem. I have been getting this vector<T> too long error when building textures.

I've tried making small changes to the region box but sometimes it still persists! :(

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 07:42:59 PM »
Hello 3D_Scan_Fan,

We were able to reproduce the problem with "vector<T> too long" error, it will be fixed in the next version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC