Forum

Author Topic: OS Error: editing is disabled in read-only mode  (Read 2932 times)

nys09@vt.edu

• View Profile
OS Error: editing is disabled in read-only mode
« on: March 20, 2020, 07:51:12 AM »
I tried opening a document using the python api (v 1.6.2) of the software. The document gave the following notification in the log when it opened.

LoadProject: path = /home/nys09/Box_beam_densecloud/box_beam_c8.psx
loaded project in 0.00481 sec
Document.open(): The document is opened in read-only mode because it is already in use.

However, the document was not open in any other window/ it was not already in use. It ran my code for dense point cloud for two hours and at the end of the process, it gave the following error message and exited.

doc.save()
OSError: Document.save(): editing is disabled in read-only mode

Can anyone please tell me why this error has occurred and how to deal with this? I believe in the previous run, the program didnot run due to insufficient memory and stopped abruptly. Kindly let me know if there is anything I can include in the code to avoid this error in these scenarios?

Thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: OS Error: editing is disabled in read-only mode
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 09:43:49 PM »
Hello Yeshwanth,

You can use ignore_lock parameter when using .open() command. Also you can force set read_only parameter to False.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nys09@vt.edu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 02:14:03 AM »
Hi Mr. Pasumansky,

Thank you very much. I will try that out. Can you please tell me how to set Texture count in the python version? I usually use Texture count = 20 on the GUI version of the software. But I donot know if using page_count =20 in buildUV is the same thing as the Texture count (in GUI version). Kindly let me know.

Thanks
Yeshwanth

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
Hello Yeshwanth,

Yes, page_count parameter for BuildUV operation has the same meaning as texture count (i.e. number of texture atlas pages).

Not sure, though, why you need 20 texture pages.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nys09@vt.edu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »
Hi Mr. Pasumansky,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am not really sure about what effect will using more number of texture atlas pages have on the quality of the texture generated. This is what I have been using from before. I think if I used 10 pages, the texture was a little blurred. Kindly shed some light on advantages of using more number of pages.

Thank you
Yeshwanth

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »
Hello Yeshwanth,

Effectively, 20 pages of 4096x4096 resolution are similar to 5 pages of 8192x8192 dimensions. But the latter could be easier for operation (and 3d visualization).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC