Forum

Author Topic: Unexpected download from cloud?  (Read 1500 times)

Tom V

• View Profile
Unexpected download from cloud?
« on: March 31, 2020, 12:51:02 AM »
Hello

I've been using the cloud service to process texture on a large mesh. The processing has been stalling around 54%. Reading through other posts I imagine it is stalling on the texture parameterization, as i have built a mesh of 16,000,000 faces but without using interpolation and with a great deal of overlap. I will try rebuilding the mesh with interpolation turned on. I notice however whenever I cancel the process that metashape requires me to download > 10 Gb of data back from the cloud. This  takes a long time with my connection and happens every time I have aborted the texture building on the cloud, preventing me working on the project. I do not understand why it is necessary to download when all the data is already on the cloud and my computer and no new texture has been created? Is there a way of avoiding this?

Many thanks in advance

Tom  :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Unexpected download from cloud?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 01:47:23 AM »
Hello Tom,

If the parametrization has been completed, it means that the UV coordinates are added to the model and your local copy should be synchronized with the cloud version.

If you send the name of the project to me (via PM, if the name is sensible), I could try to check the processing logs.

Most likely the disabled interpolation has caused the long processing time. If there are multiple isolated mesh components in your mesh - there will be tiny texture atlas charts and it will take long time to "blend" multiple images to the small charts, while the output will not be acceptable (most likely it will be extremely pixelated).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Tom V

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 09:55:09 AM »
Thank you Alexey. This morning I started a rebuild of the mesh, with interpolation activated. However I used depth maps as the source but then decided, after starting the process, that as I had edited the cloud significantly, I should actually use the dense cloud as source. So, I stopped the process after only a few minutes. Again metashape is downloading all the project files (> 10 Gb). I have sent you the name of the file by PM.

Many thanks

Tom

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:07:20 AM »
Hello Tom,

Which version of Metashape Pro (including the build number) do you have installed on your local machine?

And what are the steps to follow to reproduce the behavior? Just submit the task to the cloud (for example, Build Mesh from depth maps source), then Cancel from the program interface?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Tom V

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
Hi Alexey,

So, it's version 1.6.2 build 10247 (64 bit), professional.

I have observed this behaviour when cancelling build texture and when cancelling build mesh, I haven't tried cancelling anything else recently.

Yes, that is correct, I submit the task to the cloud and then cancel from metashape. I could not say whether I have observed it on other of my PSX files, so cannot rule it out as a peculiarity of this particular file.

It then downloads all the project files again (not the photographs).

Thanks