Forum

Author Topic: Windows 10 high contrast mode  (Read 2705 times)

James

• View Profile
Windows 10 high contrast mode
« on: February 26, 2021, 02:17:34 PM »
Hi there,

I was working in 'high contrast mode' as I'd spent too long staring at a bright white spreadsheet, and this mode makes the spreadsheet black, which really helped.

Just out of interest I tried to see how Metashape would look in high contrast mode, but found that I either get a blank white screen if I start it in high contrast mode, or a completely unresponsive screen if I switch to high contrast while it is running.

The default keys for toggling high contrast mode are LEFT SHIFT + LEFT ALT + PRTSCN, fyi.

Metashape Pro 1.7.1 build 11979 64 bit
Windows 10 Pro v2004 build 19041.804
Nvidia Quadro K1100M v25.21.14.2632

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 high contrast mode
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 04:31:00 PM »
Hello James,

I've tried this mode on a laptop and do not observe any problems, although I do not see any difference with the common mode.
I have used mobile GeForce card though, will try later on a laptop with Quadro similar to yours.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

James

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10 high contrast mode
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:36:23 PM »
It might be important to someone, but it doesn't affect me thankfully!

I also tried on my desktop with GTX 1080s, and high contrast mode does work as expected, including inverting the colours of the GUI, so it must just be related to my laptop (Dell Precision M4800).

I am using the Metashape classic theme, see attached (this is from my desktop where it works).

In Dark or Light modes there was no effect to the display on my desktop, as you discovered.

On my laptop there was also no affect to the display, with the different themes, except that it became 'unresponsive'. However, switching out of high contrast mode the display did update again, showing that my clicking had had some effect (the trackball was rotated for example).