Forum

Author Topic: Can't get any usable results  (Read 4043 times)

joshhunsaker

• View Profile
Can't get any usable results
« on: April 30, 2013, 04:49:19 AM »
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  I'm using a Canon SX260 camera on the widest angle the lens will allow (f-stop 3.5).  I have calibrated the lens using Agisoft Lens and have imported the results for all the pictures I take.  I get horrible results it seems not matter what I do, even taking tons of photos end up producing things that just look like giant blobs after I create meshes and do texture mapping.  :-[

This is what my process looks like but as you can see the point cloud makes zero sense.  I'm not even sure where to start here.  I have no idea how people are getting the results they are getting.  I can't even manage something that looks like a physical object.

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Re: Can't get any usable results
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »
hello,
since your object does not have many good features as does the white table it is standing on try to place your object on something with more features but not regular (pattern) ones.
for example try a newspaper ( not a glosy one of course) after building geometry you can cut it a way
frank

David Cockey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:12 PM »
Pull the corners of the bounding box so that the box is close to the points in the cloud from the object of interest.

Try using Sharp rather than Smooth in Build Geometry. When I use Smooth on very three-dimensional objects the result is frequently a large blob.

joshhunsaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44:31 PM »
hello,
since your object does not have many good features as does the white table it is standing on try to place your object on something with more features but not regular (pattern) ones.
for example try a newspaper ( not a glosy one of course) after building geometry you can cut it a way
frank

Hmm, that's a really good idea - I will try newspaper (and sharp geometry) and report back.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
Hello joshhunsaker,

Try also to use the frame size effectively - on thumbnails the object itself uses only a small part of photo.
However, I'm not sure if you can get high quality result with plain untextured plastic object.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC