Forum

Author Topic: Convert Images Issue  (Read 2425 times)

Paulo

• View Profile
Convert Images Issue
« on: April 10, 2020, 05:44:26 AM »
Hi,

I have a set of fisheye images that I correctly aligned and calibrated....

When I want to convert Image correcting distorsions, centering principal point and with square pixels, I clearly do not get a undistorted image... see example screen copy with undistorted image side by side with original fish eye image......

Why is this so?

PS. this image set was shared in following topic https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=12058.0
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:10:47 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

James

• View Profile
Re: Convert Images Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 04:42:24 PM »
I had a similar question a while back, and turns out that this doesn't convert fisheye to rectilinear, if that's what you were hoping. I was!

Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but using the 'convert images' on a set of fisheye images, the output seems still to be a fisheye rather than rectilinear image.
Hello James,

The undistortion operation result corresponds to the selected camera type, so if the camera type is Fisheye, then you should get an "ideal" fisheye image.

I don't know what the mirroring outside the 'circle' is about though. I'm guessing the circle indicates the 180 degree 'horizon' and metashape doesn't comprehend looking backwards with a fisheye image type, or something.

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Convert Images Issue
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 05:17:18 PM »
Thank you for the info!

But I would think that removing distorsions would also remove the fisheye distorsion as I do not see much use in an ideal fisheye image....

A little like this script in OpenCV
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 05:24:37 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor