Forum

Author Topic: Scaling a model in Z direction  (Read 1306 times)

Trimatrik92

• View Profile
Scaling a model in Z direction
« on: April 20, 2020, 08:42:56 PM »
After scaling a object by importing camera coordinates in the reference pan, I observed the 3D point cloud to be down scaled by a factor of 2 in z-direction. The scaling was perfect in x, and y-direction. Since Z can be affected by the focal length or the photographing height, both were checked and seemed okay. In the camera calibration box, the focal length was appeared as it is and the photographing height was measured from the test object to the front part of the camera lens.  How can I correct the scaling in Z direction?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Scaling a model in Z direction
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 12:27:16 AM »
Hello Trimatrik92,

Does it help if you perform the camera alignment optimization operation having all the parameters from the General section enabled (with all the reference coordinates checked on in the Reference pane)?

Also please specify, if you observe the model stretching along Z axis or if the model is just shifted as a whole.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Trimatrik92

• View Profile
Re: Scaling a model in Z direction
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 08:13:28 AM »
Hi Alexey

I observed the model shrinking along z-axis. As you said, I performed camera alignment optimization operation having all the parameters from the General section enabled. However, there is still a shrink of factor 2 along z-axis.