Forum

Author Topic: Mapping for fine-art printing....  (Read 1069 times)

cdehlert

• View Profile
Mapping for fine-art printing....
« on: April 23, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »
Hi--

I'm totally new to Metashape and mapping in general, but my interest is in using it to create 2D aerial orthophotos for fine-art printing output. Is this even possible? Or is mapping software not the right tool for this? I'm in the middle of the Metashape trial period, but was hoping for some direction with this before I purchase. The challenge I'm having in the Metashape tests I've run are that certain organic shapes--trees for instance--in the Metashape output look nothing like they do in the original photos. They look frankly like an architect's CAD drawings of trees. It's also entirely possible it's a result of my early stage of product knowledge. I'm attaching two examples to illustrate........

Appreciate any feedback at all.........
Charlie

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Mapping for fine-art printing....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 02:08:45 AM »
Hello Charlie,

Can you please specify the processing settings used at every stage? For example, provide the PDF report  exported from the completed project via File Menu -> Export -> Generate Report command.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

cdehlert

• View Profile
Re: Mapping for fine-art printing....
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 03:43:43 PM »
Thanks Alexey--here is the PDF report, attached. All the other settings were either default, or settings that were recommended in the manual for this type of output.

Appreciate your help.......