Forum

Author Topic: Failed to align  (Read 3372 times)

Superxiong

• View Profile
Failed to align
« on: April 23, 2020, 05:42:52 PM »
Hi, I am trying to create a model of an ukulele.

I masked the background, clicked "tie to keypoints", but only a few cameras aligned. This is strange cos this method used to work for my other model.  May I ask if there are not enough pictures, or what's the problem...?

My dataset is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PXnurCBpZnAK57f19

Appreciate your help!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to align
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »
Hello Superxiong,

I think that the problem could be related to the object specifics itself - the surface is quite reflective. Also some images are noisy and partially out of focus.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bestable

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 08:51:38 PM »
and it is not on tripod, but every frame (and especially empty background) are of different position in space

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 01:44:37 AM »
and it is not on tripod, but every frame (and especially empty background) are of different position in space
It shouldn't be very critical for Tie Point masking option. But in this given case, there are too few tie points detected on the object surface itself, therefore the cameras cannot be aligned properly.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Superxiong

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 05:58:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies I appreciate them! I re-took my pictures. There are 180 of them. https://photos.app.goo.gl/dQbiKShhi7DLDWzw8

The surface looks fine, but the strings and the pegs are difficult to be modelled. The strings look as if they have merged on the board. The hole becomes bulging up, and the pegs don't look very nice.

Do any of you have any tip to solve these issues? Is it better to put them in several chunks and merge them? Or I should just try another object...?