Forum

Author Topic: Trimming Floor From Object  (Read 1395 times)

bbbares

• View Profile
Trimming Floor From Object
« on: April 24, 2020, 12:31:37 AM »
I have a random object centered among markers as seen in the attached image. In my model processing pipeline I would like to remove the floor before the object model is exported. I have two questions here:
  • At what point in the pipeline would be recommended to trim the floor? After sparse point cloud generation? After dense cloud generation? After Model generation?
  • Would it be better to trim the floor away by adjusting the bounding box to not include the floor or removing the points associated with the floor?
Thanks in advance.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Trimming Floor From Object
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 01:31:00 AM »
Hello bbbares,

You can define the bounding box prior to the depth maps generation so that the floor surface is not included. If you generate the complete model, then excessive geometry removal of the polygonal model can be performed by checking the coordinate data for the mesh vertices. For example, if all three vertices of polygon are below certain level, such polygon should be deleted.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bbbares

• View Profile
Re: Trimming Floor From Object
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 07:43:36 PM »
Do you have a sample script that shows the functionality of orienting the bottom of the bounding box and then raising the face to exclude the floor based on a given height value?