Forum

Author Topic: a missing icon of depth on one of my photos Question  (Read 1496 times)

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
a missing icon of depth on one of my photos Question
« on: April 24, 2020, 09:36:55 PM »
Hi all,

Hope you all are safe and sound and healthly out there, friends

My questions to you is I have a screenshot here that has 3 photos showed green flag, checked marker, and depths.. 

There is one is missing is a depth on one of my photo 19381021_bov_36_095

it is in the middle

What does it mean if that photo doesn't have the depth but two of them have it ?

Thanks

James

• View Profile
Re: a missing icon of depth on one of my photos Question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 12:29:34 PM »
Does this answer your question?

Hello mrc,

On page 24 of Metashape manual (https://www.agisoft.com/pdf/metashape-pro_1_5_en.pdf) there's a note describing, the main principle of filtering our some overlapping pairs for the depth maps generation:

Metashape generates depth maps only for pairs of photos for which number of matching points is above a certain limit. This limit equals to 100 matching points, unless moved up by the figure "10% of  the  maximum  number  of  matching  points  between  the  photo  in  question  and  other  photos. Only matching points corresponding to the area within the bounding box being considered."

So if there are less than 100 common valid tie points between two images, the depth map will not be generated for them. And there's addition criteria (as described above) if one image has more than 1000 valid tie points with any other image, then the default 100 point limit is raised to 10% of the number related to the max tie points.

Via View Matches dialog you can check the number of common tie points between any image pair.

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Re: a missing icon of depth on one of my photos Question
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
Thank you , James for reply this.

What does depth mean and what does it use for ?

BTW, I think I may have delete some tie points in some areas where the depth on a photo disappear ? Not sure about that....

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:03:39 PM by PROBERT1968 »