Forum

Author Topic: detailed orthofotos  (Read 1680 times)

Dieter

• View Profile
detailed orthofotos
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:34:50 AM »
Hi,

We very often process large orthophotos and are not always satisfied with the assignment of the images.

Please note the attached document, which shows a typical situation that often occurs.

Green is the object to be measured, blue is the individual photos taken, red is the direction of the orthophoto.

Metashape uses the images of "2" in the side areas because they are parallel to the direction of the orthophoto.

The photos from "1" would deliver much better results because they are closer to the object, have a vertical direction of exposure to the object and are therefore sharper than the photos from "2".

As a result, our office has a considerable additional effort to create "better" orthophotos from the orthophotos from Metashape. Hundreds of image areas are changed for better single shots.

As a solution, I could set priorities that the user could freely define. My priority list would then be:

1) Angle to the object (vertical recording direction if possible)

2) Distance to the object (photos as detailed as possible)

3) Fill the remaining areas with other photos that do not meet 1 and 2 to fill the areas.

Are there ways to do this or are there other solutions for "better" orthophotos?

Thanks
Dieter

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Re: detailed orthofotos
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 01:31:30 PM »
hi
what you can try in the meantime is what I do I also use far away photos to help with navigation and alignment but after that I deactivate the photos for further processing including the ortho image generation so that metashape is not "tempted" to use these since it is easy
Frank