Forum

Author Topic: Cannot change DEM resolution after merging chunks  (Read 1532 times)

nickgeo

• View Profile
Cannot change DEM resolution after merging chunks
« on: May 20, 2020, 10:24:13 PM »
As the title suggests, after aligning and merging 2 chunks, I am trying to generate a DEM using the dense cloud, with the buildDem function. I have specified the resolution I need, but the function tries to generate a very high resolution DEM which is very large and takes forever to compute. For reference, I only used chunks with 4 images each (just for testing my workflow) and the DEM will process for hours on a medium-powered pc.

I don't have the same issue when I am creating the DEMs for each chunk separately. In the image I have attached you can see both the resolution I have defined (0.042 m) and the resolution it wants to create (0.003m).

How can I solve this issue?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot change DEM resolution after merging chunks
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:32:03 AM »
Hello nickgeo,

Can you please send the project with the two original chunks and merged chunk saved in PSZ format to support@agisoft.com and add the link to this thread, so that we could try to reproduce the problem on our side?

If you are merging chunks and building DEM using API, please also include the related script lines to the email.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nickgeo

• View Profile
Re: Cannot change DEM resolution after merging chunks
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
Hi Alexey,

I noticed that I can change the resolution if I create the DEM using the Mesh, instead of the Dense Cloud. Does that help?