Forum

Author Topic: Metashape Not Responding Texture Generation  (Read 2025 times)

jazzyj

• View Profile
Metashape Not Responding Texture Generation
« on: June 25, 2020, 08:01:01 PM »
I've been trying different parameters for creating a model of a large area with a group of buildings (3,250 20MP photos).  I made several models fine, but they all were 3D instead of 2.5D Height Field.  I decided to try the Height Field as I think that's more appropriate for planar surface.  The model generated fine, I limited to 15 million faces (same as before).  Arbitrary Texture, Mosaic blending, 4096 x 16 (before I used 8192 x 10 so memory requirements would actually be a little lower for 4096 x 16).  I have 120GB of RAM and Tesla M60 GPU. 

I ran a batch process overnight and woke up to find the Metashape in the "Not Responding" state and was stuck blending textures.  This was all on version 1.6.2.  So I upgraded to 1.6.3 and restarted the texture process.  It took about an hour to finish the parametizing step.  It got 1% into blending and now not responding again. However, in Windows performance monitor I can see it is using CPU (around 13.5%) which typically indicates it is doing something, where as before I think after overnight the CPU had come down to 0%.  However the memory usage is not changing at all, so that indicates to me it is indeed locked up, maybe in some sort of a loop?

Still I have very very rarely ever seen Photoscan/Metashape go into the not responding state. 

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Metashape Not Responding Texture Generation
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »
Hello jazzyj,

Usually in such cases the processing log would be helpful to understand at which state the processing has stalled.

Additionally please specify the texture generation parameters and the source mesh properties (number of polygons and mesh generation parameters: source data, interpolation).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC