Forum

Author Topic: Measure Volume - Units  (Read 1947 times)

dpitman

• View Profile
Measure Volume - Units
« on: July 11, 2020, 04:42:58 AM »
How do you specify which units you want volume measurements displayed in?

Note, I've searched the forum and found similar questions asked, but no answer.  Is this forum simply for peer to peer help and questions should be asked via email to Agisoft?

Thanks,
Dave

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: Measure Volume - Units
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:00:39 AM »
So, no comments =  no way for user to specify/change measurement units, correct?  If that's the case, I'll add this to features request.  It seems like some very basic elements are missing in the app if using a terrain modeling workflow.  Is that because Metashape's origin is in object modeling and geographic use of the software is still new?

James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 11:36:09 AM »
You can change the units that measurements, including volume, are displayed in by setting the measurement units in Tools -> Preferences -> General -> Measurements -> Units

The difference can be seen if you check in Tools -> Mesh -> Measure Area and Volume

I'm not sure where else volume might be displayed so I haven't checked anywhere else.

dpitman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 03:57:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply, James.

I've attached a screenshot of what I find in that settings panel.  There is not way to set a specific unit for volumes (for example). 
My coordinate system is US survey feet.  But volumes are typically reported in cubic yards or meters.
Am I missing a dialog box where this can be changed?

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »
That's all there is, as far as I'm aware  :(

dpitman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 05:21:36 PM »
Thanks James.  I've added it to the feature requests.  It's perplexing that there are such sophisticated tools and programming in Metashape yet such basic stuff as this and rudimentary control of annotation is lacking.