Forum

Author Topic: Autel Evo II photogrammetry experience?  (Read 4923 times)

danscott

• View Profile
Autel Evo II photogrammetry experience?
« on: July 12, 2020, 01:23:49 AM »
Does anyone have any experience using the Autel Evo II for structure-from-motion? On paper, the drone looks very nice, but I'd love to hear that at least one person has had a good experience producing orthomosaics and/or DEMs using imagery captured from the Autel Evo II (base, pro, or dual, but most interested in pro).

Along with that, does it integrate with Metashape well? Any issues reading EXIF data? Does it output barometric altimetry in EXIF, like DJI drones (I use this to correct my camera elevations in Metashape, which occasionally improves alignment and georeferencing)? Any issues using pictures from this drone in Metashape?

Thanks for any opinions you have on this drone!

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: Autel Evo II photogrammetry experience?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 04:12:48 AM »
Dan, No experience with the E2 but there is a little user discussion on Drone Deploy if you're interested.

https://forum.dronedeploy.com/t/autel-evo-2-pro-mapping-love-it/15503

danscott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
That's very helpful, thank you! Glad to hear it's looking like a well-functioning drone. Might need to buy one soon!

Dan

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 10:14:24 AM »
The link above is to the Autel Evo Pro, here are my observations for the Autel Evo II dual.
I have the Autel Evo II dual (with a FLIR camera),  it seems the camera and payload have a lot of potential. One key improvement they know they need to implement  is adding the focal length and pixel size in the Exif header so Metashape can read the image attributes.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:47:41 AM by 3DWinter »

mwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 03:37:34 AM »
I've been flying the EVO II 6k and the photogrammetry data is good.  Pretty much the same results as Mavic 2 Pro.

kylenessen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 01:43:22 AM »
The link above is to the Autel Evo Pro, here are my observations for the Autel Evo II dual.
I have the Autel Evo II dual (with a FLIR camera),  it seems the camera and payload have a lot of potential. One key improvement they know they need to implement  is adding the focal length and pixel size in the Exif header so Metashape can read the image attributes.

Have you tried injecting your own metadata into the images? I'm curious if using something like exiftool would fix the problem.