Forum

Author Topic: Filter Dense Cloud not available?  (Read 3387 times)

Mikey

• View Profile
Filter Dense Cloud not available?
« on: July 18, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »
Hi,

I bought Agisoft Metashape Standard Edition recently.

Currently I'm working through some test projects with the software to see what kind of result I can get.

Now to my problem. I read the documentation i got for the Standard Software using this link: https://www.agisoft.com/pdf/metashape_1_6_en.pdf

Which contains "Agisoft Metashape User Manual Standard Edition, Version 1.6".

On page 46 there is described, how to filter a dense cloud based on spacing. But I can't find this button in my version of Metashape Standard (1.6.3) on Linux. I looked at the change log PDF and there it states at Version 1.5.4 build 8885 (14 August 2019): Professional -> "Added Filter Dense Cloud command"

So is this feature just not included in standard version or am I missing something. I would like to decimate a dense cloud to improve the quality and speed of my mesh generation. (I'm currently at 137,526,678 points inside the dense cloud which is way to much for a simple object, but I need some details on a small part of my model)

I know there is a feature called chunks but for a simple project this shouldn't be needed.

What is the best way to proceed? Currently I am unable to build a mesh with that many dense points (lacking of memory, only got 64GB of RAM).

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Costas

• Aerial Mapping
    • View Profile
Re: Filter Dense Cloud not available?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »
I do not know about Standard Edition because i use the Pro version but the option you need should be in "Tools>Dense Cloud> Filter Dense Cloud" (see attached picture).

Mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 10:48:23 PM »
So it seems this option is missing indeed for me.

cbnewham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 02:30:28 PM »
Export the dense cloud.

Decimate in something like CloudCompare.

Import the decimated cloud.