Forum

Author Topic: Issues with Phantom 4 RTK proccessing  (Read 2338 times)

Fkybarless

• View Profile
Issues with Phantom 4 RTK proccessing
« on: July 20, 2020, 10:29:38 PM »
Hello,

I currently use phantom 4 rtk.
After importing all photos with all the XMP data, I convert the coordinates to Israel TM grid as in the Metashape database.
Then after aligning the photos, I import gcps (same coordinate system) and get really bad 9-12 meters deviations from the gcp location and the mark of the gcp in the photos.
I guess it's Geoid or SRS issue? There is no Israel Geoid on Agisoft's website.
Do you have a solution to that?
Thanks.

Fkybarless

• View Profile
Re: Issues with Phantom 4 RTK proccessing
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »
Thank you for the response,
I tried to follow these instructions, but unfortunately, Metashape won't load the Geoid I created in Global Mapper GeoTiff format (after of course putting the file in the Geoid folder and restarting Metashape I got a message "can't load geoid").

So, can you please tell me how to create a Metashape compatible Geoid?

geomaticist

• View Profile
Re: Issues with Phantom 4 RTK proccessing
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 02:38:47 AM »
just a suggestion. maybe just leave everything is wgs84. And any markers be in same, and use ellipsoid heights and not ortho heights. Then you don't need to bother with any geoid.

Then bring that data (whatever you use from metashape - ortho-mosaic, or point cloud, or dem, whatever) into Global Mapper. Then in Globla Mapper change the projection to whatever you want. The vertical will still be ellipsoid. You can then load the geoid in as a surface. And combine your surface with it, surface plus surface and you will get the geoid adjusted elevations.

no reason to insist on specific coordinate systems in metashape - most of the time - in my opinion.