Forum

Author Topic: Automated mission planning  (Read 8039 times)

3DWinter

• View Profile
Automated mission planning
« on: August 04, 2020, 05:33:35 AM »
Hello,
I am excited to test the Automated mission planning.  I ran a quick and dirty process, all seems good, but I cannot figure out how to export the kml file- as far as I can tell it is not in export!

I cannot set the minimum altitude( is set to 0 and greyed.) Unclear how to set the safety zone and Focus on model selection( greyed as well).
Last I cannot figure out how to select Home Point.  Maybe a YouTube tutorial would be good.
Thanks for the help I am sure this tool is going to be amazing!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Automated mission planning
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »
Hello 3DWinter,

The project should be georeferenced and you need to create the point shape that will be used as a home point.

The general procedure is described in the related tutorial:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000148889-automated-mission-planning-for-complex-structures
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 05:33:11 PM »
Alexy,
thanks for the link, I think this new tool holds great promise!
My project evolves mapping the side of a mountain. The "Plan Mission" too" created a flight plan with the passes up-down which I think is more energetic expensive, than flying horizantal crosses. Is there away to change that?
thanks in advance,

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 02:50:54 AM »
Alexy,
is there a way to re-orientate the flight plan, so the aircraft doesn't waste energy going up and down the mountain?

simiyutin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 12:54:43 PM »
Hello,

Currently vertical zigzags are the only available option but alternative modes may appear in upcoming updates

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 09:44:01 PM »
Hello Alexey,
just checking back if there has been any development on this application?
thanks

simiyutin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 02:36:15 PM »
Hey!

In Metashape 1.7 pre-release a new Prefer horizontal movement checkbox appeared, which seems to be an option you need. You can also check out updated Mission planning tutorial

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 11:30:45 AM »
Very cool!

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 05:38:24 AM »
We imported the flight plan (attached) in the controller, our only options is to select "Generate Flight Route" and when selected, we get "flight route failed to generate, Adjust waypoint positions"

Below is a link to a video of trying to import the kml file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EqrycB_S08CnDTgitwBLDLn6S5yhEw-8?usp=sharing

Has anyone successfully used the .kml flight plan with a DJI aircraft such as the Phantom 4 RTK, and can guide us through our dead end?

MaciekK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 11:11:03 AM »
hi
To import this kml you must have p4rtk sdk version - with a separate screen, i.e. ipad
maciek

Costas

• Aerial Mapping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2021, 04:07:51 PM »
It seems the solution is to use the SDK version remote controller for Phantom 4 RTK witch allows to run programs such as Litchi on a screen of your choice (e.g. Mobile phone, Tablet, Android & Apple).

On top of that i see that your .kml has more than 99 waypoints. DJI do not allow more than 99 waypoints in 3rd party apps afaik.

note: Even if you have the SDK version i am not sure that Litchi or other apps work with NTRIP for RTK corrections etc.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:12:27 PM by Costas »

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 10:02:29 PM »
Thanks @Costas and @MaciekK,
what aircraft do use when using the .kml flight plans?
So are you saying that I would need to use a 3-party app like Litchi to import the .KML files? DJI Pilot doesn't read the kml files?

MaciekK

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 10:36:45 PM »
3dWinter,
I think the DJI Pilot does not support the phantom 4 rtk. You must use DJI GS PRO. The application then reads the kml files from Metashape. The gimbal rotation will work, etc. Unfortunately, I did not check it because I have a version with a built-in screen and android.
ps. remember that the heights must be entered in the WGS84 system, without the use of a geoid.

simiyutin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 12:58:40 PM »
@3DWinter @MaciekK

For Phantom 4 RTK it is recommended to use DJI Pilot for Android (tested, works fine). iOS version seems to support only Mavic Enterprise according to docs. For non-RTK drones Litchi can also be used, however DJI Pilot KML format supports multi-photo waypoints better than Litchi KML. DJI GS Pro was lacking ability to import KML files with specified gimbal rotation at least in the past.

c-r-o-n-o-s

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 01:38:30 AM »
@3DWinter @MaciekK

For Phantom 4 RTK it is recommended to use DJI Pilot for Android (tested, works fine).

...only if you use the SDK DJI controller.
Otherwise it works NOT.  :o