Forum

Author Topic: Metashape 1.6.3 - "Error: Reference model has no texture page with index 0"  (Read 6100 times)

PS-William

• View Profile
I am getting this error in Metashape 1.6.3 when trying to run Build Tiled Model on a map project that used to work just fine (up through version 1.6.2). I have tried re-doing the step beforehand (building the Dense Cloud) in case something in the way that was done on previous versions resulted in a file that didn't work right anymore... but that does not seem to have helped. I have attached a screenshot of Metashape, showing the error in the console, as well as the full log (split into 3 parts due to size). Hopefully they will help. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello PS-William,

This is the bug in the version 1.6.3 that may happen in certain conditions. It would be fixed in the version 1.6.4 update (release expected next week).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PS-William

• View Profile
Thank you for that reply! I was also able to work around it by starting the whole project over from scratch in version 1.6.3, though I didn't finally get that all ironed out until the end of last week (after I had posted the error here on the forums).

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
The version 1.6.4 has been released, so if you observe any similar issues there, please report.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PS-William

• View Profile
The version 1.6.4 has been released, so if you observe any similar issues there, please report.

Yeah, I've been using 1.6.4 for a week now and not seen any of the issues - but I had also gotten them fixed on 1.6.3 by creating all-new project files. Maybe I should go back and test the 1.6.2 & earlier files (the ones that misbehaved with 1.6.3) with 1.6.4?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello PS-William,

I think there is no actual point in trying to find the bug in the older version, if it has been fixed since then. But if anything is wrong in 1.6.4, we would be able to reproduce it and fix.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PS-William

• View Profile
Okay - well, 1.6.4 has been rock solid for me (with the new set of project files I created in 1.6.3) so it sounds like there is no reason for me to worry about rolling back to the older stuff. Thank you for your support! :)

frmgsft

• View Profile
Hey Alexey, I got the same error with 1.7.3
Are there any specific options I could tweak to work around it?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello frmgsft,

Can you share the related log from the Console pane containing the error message?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

frmgsft

• View Profile
Sure, see attachment.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello frmgsft,

I'm trying to reproduce the problem on some random project following the scenario with duplicating the textured model and using transfer texture option for multi-page atlas, but it works on my side.

Would it be possible to send the textured model that you are importing to Metashape to support@agisoft.com, so that we could check the specific model?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

frmgsft

• View Profile
It is model specific, yes. I have made at least several similar scenes this way and only one brings an error so far.
I can't share this file unfortunately, it's NDA protected. Is there anything I could do in this case to help you debugging?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello frmgsft,

If it would be possible then, please send to support@agisoft.com the screenshots of Overlap and Scaling tabs from Tools Menu -> View Mesh UV dialog and also the screenshot of View Mesh Statistics dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Seems that the problem in the current case has been related to the missing file for one of the texture atlas pages. Without that the texture transfer option couldn't be started.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC