Forum

Author Topic: High setting = bad result, Low setting= good result  (Read 4770 times)

holgar

• View Profile
High setting = bad result, Low setting= good result
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
Hello All,
I have encounter a strange thing that I dont understand. If I run the Alignment of Photos the first time with High Quality I get a messed up result. But When I run at low settings I get a better result.
This is my first strange founding.
But What I found even more strange is that if I Run now the Alignment for the Third time with High setting again I get a Good result.
So my conclusion is that best practise is to Run at low Quality for the First Run and than switch to Highquality and Align Again? Is that really improving the Quality? Or can I just run at High setting but with more Photos or better Quality Photos?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: High setting = bad result, Low setting= good result
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »
Hello holgar,

The results of High accuracy alignment could be worse than Low accuracy alignment due to high noise on the images. Low accuracy uses imaged decimated by four times by each side in respect of original size.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Andrew

• View Profile
Re: High setting = bad result, Low setting= good result
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:00:16 PM »
I often encounter problematic spots in my projects where lower quality yields better results. Makes me wonder if Photoscan could be able to determine problem spots where higher precision sampling produces inferior results and resort to using lower precision for those spots, to produce better overall result? Since errors in higher accuracy modes produce large triangles and Photoscan can detect those, it seems to be within the realm of possibility, doesn't it?

Andrew