Forum

Author Topic: General Question about PointCount  (Read 3284 times)

holgar

• View Profile
General Question about PointCount
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »
Hello Again,
I am sorry for all my questions. But I am just starting with Pscan and there is so much Information missing in the Manual. I am glad I found this Forum. Here is so much good Information.

One thing I did not jet Understand. After Aligning the Photos I get a Certain number of Points. I Figured out that the Number depends on several Factors like Max Points per Photo, Number of Photos, and Align Quality.

After I aligned I usually delete inaccurate Points by using the Gradual Selection. Now In The Infos I get a lower Reprojection Error. I guess that is the Goal? Now In the Infos See my deleted Points are still there...it say 29536 of 71234 for example. My Question is: Wich points will be used for the Meshgeneration? Does it even have an Effect on Meshgeneration if I delete Points? Or is this a Step that is only nesesarry if I want to export the Pointcloud?

Another Question:
Which Number of Points is in a god Range If I want to Aim for the best Results and want to have really tiny Details in my Mesh. Is it even Important to have a high number?
I have Scaned little things like Fruits and Small Wood peaces for testing. Is 30000 to 100000 Points a Good number or would a Million Points improve the Quality?

And one more: my Best result of Reprojection Error till now was: 0,209554.
Is it even Possible to get lower Error? Is there a Minimum Error that can not be lower?

Thank you for any Tips.
Cheers, Holger

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:58:48 PM by holgar »

d.portillo@habitatea.es

• View Profile
Re: General Question about PointCount
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
I've the same question, but my application is aerial photography. My values are higher about 0.5-0.8 pix and seem like the worse flight give me lower values and the best flights  high values.
What's the meaning of reprojection error?

Regards