Forum

Author Topic: corn field impossible alignment  (Read 1626 times)

tuffi

• View Profile
corn field impossible alignment
« on: August 25, 2020, 01:40:17 PM »
Hi all,

actually i am working on a corn field acquired with a MAVIC 2 PRO. I had 290 frama but MS can align only 33.

I know that this is a very complex dataset, i tried with different parameters but no way.
Someone can give me some advice on processing vegetation landscape with a very repetitive texturing?

Thank you so much.

Emanuele

stihl

• View Profile
Re: corn field impossible alignment
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
Hi Tuffi,

What is the resolution (GSD) of the images? If they're taken at a low altitude and every image has a lot of detail of the individual plants then this can have the adverse effect of each corn crop being in a slightly different location (view) due to factors like wind. This will mean that Metashape has a lot of issues in finding matchable tie-points due to the images not looking similar enough.
You can try rerunning the alignment on a lower quality level. This means that MS will downsample the images before finding tie-points. If the resolution is lower, then small differences in consecutive images will be reduced which can yield a better alignment.

If you've flown at a high altitude but still get a bad alignment then it's possible that MS will not be able to find proper tie-points and perhaps then it's necessary to refly the project with a higher overlap or by adding oblique imagery.

tuffi

• View Profile
Re: corn field impossible alignment
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »
Thank you stihl,

my GSD is 8mm

I will try a Low and Lowest parameters in aligment.

Thank You