Forum

Author Topic: Photoassignment Orthophoto is bad  (Read 1952 times)

Dieter

• View Profile
Photoassignment Orthophoto is bad
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:03:30 AM »
Because I don't get an answer in the general forum, I'll post my request here again:

I would ask you to check the image assignment for the orthophotos again.

The optimal photo of the surface is not assigned, as can easily be seen from the attached example. Example 1 is the automatic Ortophoto, example 2 the post-processed version.

In this example, all photos had to be exchanged to get an acceptable surface.

I have often pointed out this problem without any change on the part of agisoft. I like to work with Agisoft a lot, but I have to exchange hundreds of photos for every project, which in the long run becomes too much for me and is unproductive for our office.

I am happy to help and offer my support.

Dieter

I may have found the solution.

The previous examples are cylindrical developments.

It looks like in this case the software determines the ranks of the images in exactly the opposite way.

I noticed this when I exchanged the pictures, Rank 1 means good for normal orthophotos, for my cylindrical developments it means bad.

That means the worst pictures are used for the orthophoto, very bad.

Dear Agisoft team, please check this !!

Dieter

Dieter

• View Profile
Re: Photoassignment Orthophoto is bad
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 12:39:18 PM »

Apparently I'm one of the few who create textured 3D models here. Otherwise the willingness to help would certainly be greater. I've been working with agisoft every day for about 5 years now, so I know what I'm talking about, you can assume that.

In my case (Am I really the only one?) The output quality of the data gets worse and worse from version to version. I have attached a picture of a wall, which I would like to submit as a TLS file in the viewer.

What can I say, it just doesn't work. We have been working with the same camera for 3 years, we haven't changed our recording technology, the hardware is the same. It is not possible for me to deliver the wall in anywhere near good quality. The area is covered with systematic graphics errors (see attached graphic). I am happy to put my project online, but agisoft must be willing to help. I would like to help to correct the grievances.

With these restrictions this software can no longer be used by us. The same applies to taking orthophotos (see the thread above).

I urgently ask for support from agisoft.

Dieter