Forum

Author Topic: Invalid marker id ??  (Read 1721 times)

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Invalid marker id ??
« on: August 29, 2020, 02:53:46 AM »

I have a project that I tried to open and gave me this an error  "Invalid marker id" today ....

Version is 1.6.4 build 10928 (64 bit)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 02:56:35 AM by PROBERT1968 »

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid marker id ??
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 02:16:09 AM »
PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Always make backup daily or weekly in the even if you get any corrupt like I did...

Fortunately, I had a backup and it was saved on the 25th of August and it got corrupt on the 28th....

Took me a while to figure it out all the crap !!!

I had people telling me from Agisoft PhotoScan/Metashape Group on Facebook that tell me how to do this...

So make backup daily or else you will be stuck like me ...

Take care Metashapers !

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 09:12:49 PM »
Hello PROBERT1968,

Do you remember your workflow, which led to this problem? Or whether it was some old project generated in another Metashape version?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 10:54:06 PM »
Well, I spent all day trying to figure it out... Someone from here and the other forum suggest me to go through the doc.xml...

Before I did that , I made a backup on August 25th and August 28th. I add more markers on the 28th and tried to save it and it took longer to save it... I had to escape it..
it could be other reason as I am at home using vpn and maybe it could have led disconnected... don't know. I was away from the laptop for about an hour...

Anyway I spend a lot of time  open the second chunk because I remember worked on that chunk... so I open that 2 folder and look through...So I made a copy of that 2 folder to another place and look it through the xml file... save as a new one and then copy and put it the 2 folder...and test it... I also deleted the project.zip and then copied the original project.zip from the 28th and came out fine...

So that is what I did..

It might be nice to have a written set up a code or python file to do that in the future ?