Forum

Author Topic: problem with generating dense cloud and mesh  (Read 2624 times)

jpranga

• View Profile
problem with generating dense cloud and mesh
« on: September 01, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
Hello,

While running the batch process (Build Dense Cloud, Build Mesh, Build DEM, Build Orthomosaic) no error is appearing and it shows that all the processes were excuted.

However, when looking at the results (attached below), it seems that it was not fully processed and there are gaps.

I have tried different combinations of accuracy and quality settings, still the same problem. In the past, there were some errors related to bad allocation and exceeding memory, but this time it is not showing any problems.

Please let me know what could be the reason for such partial processing. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:31:41 AM by jpranga »

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: problem with generating dense cloud and mesh
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 05:07:03 PM »
Looks like a very homogeneous subject.  Did you generate a Report?  What does the overlap look like? 

jpranga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 05:24:53 PM »
below is an example of such partially processed data with image overlap from the report

dpitman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 10:43:36 PM »
That's an odd one. If it says it is using all cameras, I would reach out to support.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 12:40:30 PM »
Could it be that your 'region' (bounding box) is not deep enough to contain all of the data?

If you look from the side view instead of above you might find that it is slicing just the top of the data.

If you started with only a few cameras aligned, and then aligned more in subsequent steps, then that could explain why, as below:

The other possibility is that the bounding box region is not updated after using align selected cameras, and so does not include the area covered by the 'newly' aligned cameras after 'align selected cameras' and so is not processed during 'build dense cloud'.

Solution is to use tools->reset region or rotate/resize region tools to include the required volume before building dense cloud.